Search This Blog

September 02, 2009

Monkey? Is that all you got?

I really have problem with everybody, for some reason or another, just as I have problems with myself. For clarification, all types of things irk me....a myriad of stuff. Their breath, fashion sense, teeth, how folks drive, thier fears and how they don't address that, that people don't use spell check, older people that act young, young people that act old, people that do everything possible to not use technology.....etc. That list could go on and on and freakin' on, but one thing that doesn't irritate me is the status of melanin levels, or skin color. Problem is.......I was blessed with the ability to read people by interpreting thier non-verbal signals and body language, and I connect spiritually with them. So I know without you telling me what you're all about. nuf said.

Well in my morning surf I found a story about Costco selling these dolls Called Lil' Monkey. Costco put out an apology saying they didn't want offend anyone, blah, blah, blah, oops, sorry, blahzeae blahzae, whoomp dee doomp.....
Not feeling Them at all anywayz. I, not only do not like thier brands, I don't like how they chose to put-up shop in a totally non-convenient part of town from my house, lol (Sams all the Way). Well, I began to wonder how many people had to see this and thought that it wasn't a good idea and still allow this to enter the market. I wondered too how a little baby girl wearing a hat labeled Lil' Monkey, sitting beside a stuffed monkey holding a banana didn't trigger any smart business person's 'bad idea' alarm. The reason I say that is black people are the only race that buys black dolls. Blacks and all other races buy white dolls, but no other races buy black dolls. So to think that blacks would still buy a doll donning a hat that clearly is calling the black playing with it and the babydoll, and the monkey - Lil' Monkey - is straight up crazy. Now I blame Costco - what they did was racist. The person who selected the item for the store and the buyer that entered the PO was either foreign or racist, but not South American. They know all about the Blacks being called monkeys (example 1,2). But the stockers had to be too, any person that allowed this item to remain on the shelves for as long as they did.....racist.

The company, Brass Key Keepsakes, either makes or remakes the Disney Princesses....like Jasmine, Cinderella, Snow White.......and this is the same company that made a doll called Lil' Monkey. Click to send a non-supportive email. So basically what I'm saying here is This Brass Key Keepsake company, Costco, AND Disney are all officially boycotted by me, not for only wasting so much plastic in packaging, but for hating blacks, and the craziest part is that I'm not even sure who I'm offended by. I do know though ignorance & racism are close cousins to weak & pathetic. I won't get mad - I'll just expose them and boycott.
My girlie in her Beauty and the Beast Belle cfostume - totally not a monkey.

1 comment:

  1. How ironic that you would mention spellcheck when "thIEr" is killing me softly....

    And that monkey business is real foul. No more Costco.

    ReplyDelete

Comments