Search This Blog

September 18, 2009

Tim Wise: On White Privilege



Mr. Wise is a racist or realist, I can't decide. I'm leaning towards realist because he references history which can be verified. But racist possible because his platform remains focused on the black/white divide - always showing the white portion in the worst light. Race problems will always exist simply because ignorant people will exist. Ignorance will always be the loudest and the most identifiable - and the easiest to exploit. An over-abundance of proof that racism is no longer as effective is all around us. But the incarceration of black  and latino men is effective. Racism doesn't have to be a separate water fountain - it is easily done by removing opportunites for men to succeed. give us that back.


I hate blogging about race because someone always ends up a little offended. But it's important, important to be a voice for those who are okay with blacks, whites, Asians, Arabs, and South Americans, Africans....whatever, etc. Most all people are fine by me. I don't care if you haven't learned English - your choice. I don't care if you drive a gas guzzler or a smart hybrid car. I don't care if you pray or don't before a meal - I will. I even don't care if you don't/ won't say 'Bless you' or 'Excuse me' at the proper times. I have settled in my soul to allow people to live as they wish - so long as I am free to do the same.

I hate weak people, and bullies, frightened people, and stupid people, people that are reckless, and people that waste money and won't/ don't/ can't prioritize. I hate racists, and people that a too serious or not serious enough, people that pass their foolishness onto their children, I hate people that care nothing about our environment, and those that are needlessly mean spirited. I hate people that beyond high school seek no additional knowledge, I hate women that intend to live their whole lives either dangling on a silly man's every word or dropping it low and jumping bed-to-bed instead of growing gracefully wise. I hate men that have no backbone, don't speak their minds, and men that don't state what is right. And I hate a whole laundry list of other things that I'm sure at one point or another I'll share. Not now.
But I love All races.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments