Search This Blog

September 18, 2009

Good Hair & Indian Hair


Shouts to SA for the movie info.............


Several months ago I just decided to get a weave. It was an experience I'd rather leave to someone else. As for me, it was comparable to wearing a flea infested heavy wool blanket on my head. I haven't lost my desire for long hair, but I have lost my desire to wear a weave.
I choose to perm my hair once every month to 2 months and flat iron pretty much daily. I've tried everything though. But now I just enjoy my hair being soft, sweet smelling, and blowing in the breeze. Yes, I'm addicted to 'creamy crack'. Am I brainwashed? No. Do I want to look like my Caucasoid/ Latino sisters? No. I'm just glad there are chemicals that won't sizzle my hair down to the nub or leave me with a head full of hay. Women can choose to do as they wish and that's what I promote - doing what feels good to you.

But what I am against is these ladies and children in India shaving their heads as an offering but the so-called offereing ends up on the head of any random weave wearing woman you or I might know. If we're all in this together - everyone needs to be on the same page. Sisters we are wearing the religious offerings of women who don't even know where their hair is going. Ya'll need to know and they do too.


Click for videos and to comment.

1 comment:

  1. The thing that stood out to me was that women who wear weave can't have wild, fingers running through my hair, sex. Life seems so restrictive for weave wearers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments