Search This Blog

September 21, 2009

Paula jokes when nothing is funny...........


I haven't been a fan of American Idol since Fantasia won the 3rd Season. But if you can believe it - they have completed auditions for Season 9! I can only name 3 or four winners, let's see:
1.) Fantasia Barrino
2.) Kelly Clarkson
3.) Ruben Studdard

Truth is - I watched until I noticed the rules changing too frequently, and that real singers were eliminated for no reason.

It's just appalling to me that American Idol is seriously creating a Season 9. The show is so played. The contestants they pick are too safe for me. Once the hopefuls get to 'Hollywood' the intensity is drawn out of the show to become politically correct, and ultimately gets boring. Well now they ax Paula Abdul - who was too sentimental to me anyway - and replace her with Ellen DeGeneres?

This show was never about real talent and now that is evident. They could have chosen A&R from Arista or from Cox Records - But Ellen? What expertise does Ellen bring to the show? Dancing or singing, performance? Nope. Just humor – if that’s what you call it?

So Paula does this tired little jig to drop a splash of humor into an otherwise completely bitter departure from American Idol - and I'm not buying it. Paula is weak and easily overpowered by Simon - and that was well past getting on my nerves. So now it'll be Randy against Simon with Ellen as the tie-breaker? I can't say it's sad to see Paula go, glad actually, but why didn't you take the whole show with you?

2 comments:

  1. Here Here! I agree with you. My sister and I actually tried out for it and it's a bunch of crock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so cute! I loved her Ellen impersonation. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments