Search This Blog

September 28, 2009

Alicia Keys the Slore



I was just over at snitch's and over the weekend Mashonda, Swizz Beats still current wife, tweeted a letter to Alicia Keys about Alicia needs to be sensitive and respect her position as wife until they are formally divorced. Well it seems that Alicia was tweeting about feeling all googly and talking about being in-love.
"I don't pretend 2 no wht luv is 4 every1, I can tell u wht it is for me;
8:24 PM Sep 25th from web love is knowin all abt some1, & still wantin 2 b wit thm more thn any other persn. love is trustin the enuf 2 tell thm everythin abt urself,
8:23 PM Sep 25th from web evn the things u might b ashamed of,love is feelin comfort&safe wit some1,but still gettin weak knees whn they walk n2 a room & smile at u.”
8:22 PM Sep 25th from web

Mashonda felt disrespected - so she counter twittered with this 10 page letter:
After having a great evening with my son and enjoying some fun twit chat, I decided to sign off and get some work done. However, a few hours later I was advised that I should check @aliciakeys twit page. I've never reached out to her on twitter before. I feel our issues are a lot more serious than a website conversation. Not to mention that I've reached out to her many times in the beginning of this whole thing, as any wife would do. Unfortunately, I never succeeded in getting a response. The 1st time I meet AK, my husband introduced us to each other at an event. ( I have no choice but to call him my husband, until he is not anymore) In the messages that I sent to her (AK), I made it very clear that on the contrary of what she might be hearing, I am still married to my husband, living with him and just had a child. Its been two years and I still have not received a response. What I do receive, is constant displays of selfishness and disconcern to me and my son.

I was a fan of AK's last album, we were both signed to J Records and I always checked up on her projects. I sang her songs and admired her for creating Superwoman and Karma, I would never deny her, her talent. I believed in her until I found out she was possibly sleeping with my husband. The affair was denied by both, until it was finally admitted months later.

Already I can hear some of you saying " why are u blaming her, You cant make someone leave their wife, You cant break something thats broken". Well, my marriage was not broken, as far as I knew we were celebrating our sons birth and getting ready to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary . Call it blind love, whatever. I call it being a devoted wife.. As far as me blaming her and not blaming him, thats false. Me and my husband have worked out our differences. We are in a good place as people and as parents. I accept his choices and I am comfortable enough with myself to move on. I am so very blessed in many ways.

My concern with AK is no longer the fact that she assisted in destroying a family but that she has the audacity to make these selfish comments about love and wanting to be with someone, even after knowing their situation. How is this the same Superwoman that I sang out loud with in my truck? I ask myself sometimes.

If you are reading this Alicia, let me start by saying, you know what you did. You know the role you played and you know how you contributed to the ending of my marriage. You know that I asked you to step back and let me handle my family issues. Issues that you helped to create.
Im not saying everything was perfect all the time but no relationship is perfect. We made a vow to God and I believe you should have respected that, as a woman. I know you owe me or my son nothing but I just wish you would've handled things more carefully. I'm not judging you, I put you and the whole situation in the hands of God, the Higher Power. Just know that as a woman, I expected so much more from you. I never had intentions on reaching out to you this way but after reading your twits tonight, and the constant disregard, you left me no choice. I feel that after 1 and a half years of you hiding this affair and acting like it doesnt exist, that now is the time to confront it, since you talk so openly about it now

This is not a publicity stunt, I dont have a record coming out. I just need to close this chapter in my life and that means confronting our issues. There is a small child involved. His dad loves him to death and he wants to spend more time with him but hes afraid because he knows we don't have a relationship. This is my main concern. My son NEEDS his dad and I NEED to be comfortable with you. For him!

I know many will see my point and many will not be able to look into what's real because they only want to see Alicia Keys the celebrity, not the human. This is not for the "people", this is for you. Like I said I was left no choice but to reach out to you this way. By now, Im sure you want to find a balance in this as well.

I read your tweets tonight and I felt they were very insensitive. You have no idea how much pain I was caused because of this affair. Its baffling to me that you don't understand what I might have gone through with this situation. I dont consider myself a victim anymore, Ive learned alot from this! I just ask you to try and be a bit more realistic and delicate to the situation, at least until my divorce is final. I felt me attending the party would have been a starting point for us, since you shook my hand after I offered it, but I suppose I was wrong.

If its so, that you and my husband are meant to be together, then God bless you both and I hope you never have to deal with what I did. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. If you two being together forever is the case, its more of a reason for us to get along, because I'm not going anywhere. Theres a child to be raised.

To answer your tweet, choose smart over spark. Sparks burn everyone, be smart! Its simple actually, just think of the shoe being on the other foot.

Stay blessed and lets work this thing out with respect and dignity.

I say:
Yeah, she needs to gather herself and move on. Yeah, Alicia Keys shouldn't respond to this needless damaging one-sided banter/ harassment. Mashonda lets her husband off the hook but is publicly asking to be friends with Alicia, praising her even? Man I wish-I-would! I'm the prize. I'm the woman - not the MMF (married man __cker). While I take my vows seriously, I can't speak for my husband. He has his own soul, mind, and body - and can do with it what he wishes - as can I. But I'm going home to my husband - none other.

This twitter mess got me to thinking why Mashonda leaves a bad taste in my, and I'm sure, your mouth? She's cute. She's talented. She's ambitious. But it's that Alicia Keys is interesting and seemingly untouched, somehow pure. crazy. Looks are deceiving. Though still Alicia and Swizz Beats make a physically appealing couple - so they win. All the effort Mashonda is putting into reaching out to Alicia will be fruitless. Alicia wants your man boo, not his child, not you. Mashonda just chill. Skanks want him while they can't have them, married men are only a conquest. They don't want to be a wife - just the outlet for an affair. While I don't know how or why, or when with whom - I do know that Jesus himself said 'blessed be the merciful, the mourners, the pure of heart'!

So keep it together Mashonda. Give it to God and wash your hands of it the best you can.

Matthew 5
You're Blessed
1-2 When Jesus saw his ministry drawing huge crowds, he climbed a hillside. Those who were apprenticed to him, the committed, climbed with him. Arriving at a quiet place, he sat down and taught his climbing companions. This is what he said:
3"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule.

4"You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you.

5"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought.

6"You're blessed when you've worked up a good appetite for God. He's food and drink in the best meal you'll ever eat.

7"You're blessed when you care. At the moment of being 'care-full,' you find yourselves cared for.

8"You're blessed when you get your inside world—your mind and heart—put right. Then you can see God in the outside world.

9"You're blessed when you can show people how to cooperate instead of compete or fight. That's when you discover who you really are, and your place in God's family.

10"You're blessed when your commitment to God provokes persecution. The persecution drives you even deeper into God's kingdom.

11-12"Not only that—count yourselves blessed every time people put you down or throw you out or speak lies about you to discredit me. What it means is that the truth is too close for comfort and they are uncomfortable. You can be glad when that happens—give a cheer, even!—for though they don't like it, I do! And all heaven applauds. And know that you are in good company. My prophets and witnesses have always gotten into this kind of trouble.

http://lesliethebarber.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. I have had so many mixed messages about Mashonda... I should probably post about it, but since you posted first, I'll just leave it here. :-)

    Is Mashonda doing this in an effort to push Swizz to divorce her so she can get her $$$$$? Or, is she 1) trying to show AK's fans what a SLORE (love that) she is? 2) Not over the whole thing and can't move on?
    3) Still scorned after 2 years?

    As his wife, Mashonda has the right, actually, to respond any way she wants to. She'll have to live with that backlash as will AKeys...

    And the one who will ultimately be hurt in the end is Swizz. AKeys is going to throw him out with the Lil Mama trash when she's done with him. His nose is wiiiiiiide open. AKeys is dirty dirty dirty and really don't give an eff about the kid OR the ex wife and she's only getting a momentarily thrill from Swizz. But oh, Karma is a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see no difference between Kim from the Real Wives of Atlanta and Alicia Keys.

    MAybe Swizz will get his in the end, but Mashonda is the only one who'll care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Mashonda is the only one who'll care...

    LOL @ Kim. Why does she make me laugh? I guess I wonder, "is she for real????" What mistress who wants to KEEP being KEPT does what she does? It's like she's throwing it in his wife's face. I just can't believe that the man still takes care of her after she's all but said his name on live tv.

    ReplyDelete

Comments