Search This Blog

November 30, 2009

2009 Soul Train Awards


Toni Braxton Feat. Trey Songz - Yesterday
Wow, that was a terrible performance. I couln't understand a word Toni said, and the only good thing was the moment Trey came on - beyond that everything was sour. That kiss was stank - too overdone, no shock value, and void of any passion. You know there is talk that this kiss sparked Toni and Keri's split. Not so sure, any man can see this was nothing.

Keri Hilson - Medley

I love this performance. Vocals were pretty decent. Dancing was aight, but Keri just brings such age with her. Like a grown woman talking about the most childish things. I realize Beyonce set the bar pretty high and that every pop singer is compared to her, but Keri is no Bey - but somehow still pretty good.
There is some missing component though - is it sex appeal? - YESS!

Plus, who can forget sister girl's busted feet.


Charlie Wilson Tribute
I really hate tributes, but I was actually glad once Genuine got off stage. Raheem DeVaughn was pretty good, well at least entertaining. Kandi's voice bothers me though - the shakiness and effort just bother me. I'm trying so hard to like her but - well, I can't. But it was Brian Mcknight that caught my eye. Dude really has some natural talent.
It all got better when Charlie got on stage - no one can pull off Charlie better than the original. Tribut gets a C - I've seen better.

I'm over Awards shows. It's just has-beens free-for-all season. Wake me up when Awards shows are not listed under Reality TV.

2 comments:

  1. The Soul Train Awards kinda disappointed me. Why? I do not really know except for the fact that I saw few hot artist.

    Too funny @ I couln't understand a word Toni said. Co-sign like a mofo.

    Keri Hilson is pretty decent. It was good seeing her perform, considering all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, I can't stop looking at Keri Hilson's feet. They are soooo interestingly ugly. They tell a story ... of wearing smaller shoes out of shame for large feet ...and of dancing with.so.much.EFFORT and barely making it...

    The Soul Train awards were booooty. Taraji and Howard tried too hard and it was just set up kinda wack. They went overboard on the Soul Train theme. LOL

    Tony and Trey. Yuck yuck yuck! That song is so yesterday too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments