Search This Blog

June 26, 2009

MJ dies at 50

While most are mourning Mike's death and giving their best shot at the Moonwalk - I have been losing the battle of trying to hard to become sincerely affected by his death. Sorry. I know in the Bible it says to mourn with those who mourn. I surely feel for his mother and family, especially his children. Though, and this man is not properly mourned or buried, I know that Mike needed some rest. Some people are calling him an angel, saying he went straight to heaven.......I am not going there. I didn't even know this man. I liked some of his music somehow without purchase, and I really like to see him dance, but after the whole physical appearance change, the Lisa Marie thing, and then the molestation trial - I have somehow detached from this situation and Mike. When I was really young I remember learning 'We are the World' and I loved his part. I can remember how my teachers and friends placed him in such high regard like he was the greatest. And I adored him in 'The Wiz'. Now that I am older and he has passed I feel guilty for not joining the movement of fans that he had. Guilty for not learning the moonwalk, or his songs. I will say this though, I'm sure he didn't feel like the idol that people made him out to be. And honestly speaking I thought he was Jehovah's Witness? Whatever he was, however he passed, whatever happened in his life - I pray his affairs were in order, because there is a maker.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I don't have time to read 1300 cases, but I have personal acquaintance with many JW families and I know how they operate. The father as the unquestionable head of the household no matter how wrong he is, woman's lack of say so over her own fertility (ie. large families like the Jackson's in the face of poverty), the church elders and friends turning a blind eye to domestic abuse all fit with the pattern I have unfortunately observed in the families I know. I am sure not ALL JW famiies are like this but this is what I have observed.

    There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind the abuse Michael and his siblings suffered during childhood contributed to their problems as adults. Michael's low self-esteem, body issues, issues about his skin color all stem from his childhood trauma. I pray for Michael and his family.
    -------------------------------
    planetjacksonworldwide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments