Search This Blog

June 25, 2009

Married life.................................

I've been having it rough relationship wise lately. Me and my boo are so sick of one another and seem to be finding every reason available to torment, criticize, and attack each other. It's been brutal. My fault, his fault, blah blah blah.........all that faulting goes out the window after a while, so to equate matters - We're both wrong. In discussion with a common law married woman, I shared my feelings of post honeymoon interactions among married folks, and how I see relationships last the longest. I explained that, among other things, once the romantic googly eyes stop rolling and you regain focus of your long term goals things simply just mellow out. I then started dealing with the most asinine and irritating issues like snoring and farting in bed, to share or not a share a closet, similar food interests and differences, what time to go to bed, when to have secks, and then the baby came. Kids throw a monkey wrench in all grown folks special moments. Consideration for the little ones is important, but can really smother a flame when the time is right. There's nothing like you're on your way there, to hear 'Mommy'. Well the stage that I'm in as of late is dealing with hurt from some cheating my boo did. It's been real hard. I got ahold to some e-mails shared between the two and the words choked some life out of our relationship. I tried to get over it, and was on my way until I saw that they are still communicating, which says to me that he doesn't care how I feel and will do whatever satisfies his own selfish desires. But karma is a bad-hand dealing whore of satan, and everything comes back around. To just be real - this is probably some karma for me too, karma comes when it wants to not always right away. So that's where I am. Trying my damnedest to harvest some joy, to try and move on. Though to the woman who was saying how marriage has been good to her (common law), I encouraged her but felt that it's just not the same ride as standing before a man-of-God vowing to share everything, love forever, and the whole thick and thin thing. Common law, shacking up, boyfriend girlfriend, long distance, gay relationships are all in the same boat to me. If there is a time when enough is enough and it can not be patched up and you just (like it's that easy) walk away and don't see a judge then the decision to leave was less weighted than a married couple. Feel me? Knowing you can leave whenever you want is more than enough reason to not give your all, to still have extra relationships, to fight unfairly, to hide money, to keep secrets, to avoid the compromise. But if you marry, marry someone who really tickles you like none other, someone who can entertain you on those boring days and nights when sexks is not on the menu. Laughter and deep conversations can be better and more intimate than some good hot sweaty slow rollin'. Just choose someone like minded, or someone who bends to your convincing, someone that really likes who you are at your core beyond the snoring and morning breath. I'm staying prayerful, parying for grace and stregnth. Thanking God for my husband, my family, and these lessons of love. I'm in Mark 4 at the Parable of the Sower. In this world the Christian's life is a battle and a march. God calls us to grow in grace and in knowledge of Him. As Jesus explained in this parable, some people start well but do not complete the journey; the seed sprouts but never bears fruit.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, keep praying. God always shows us the way.

    You said:
    Common law, shacking up, boyfriend girlfriend, long distance, gay relationships are all in the same boat to me. If there is a time when enough is enough and it can not be patched up and you just (like it's that easy) walk away and don't see a judge then the decision to leave was less weighted than a married couple.
    ___
    I completely agree. No matter how much I "loved" a past lover, I aaaalways knew in the back of my mind that I could jet any time I felt like it. And, well, I always did. In that split second before you do some dirty ish behind a boyfriend's back, you can always fall back, "Well, we're NOT married..." And it's the truth.

    If you're a Christian, the only sacred romantic relationship is that of man and wife, so whatever to the rest.

    Yes, I think you can be married in your heart alone ... but the heart is funny. If you're just married in your heart....you can decide to pack up and leave that cheating man and never hear from him again. You can say, "Eff a spiritual union..."

    But when you're married, you have to go through the legal system to break up. You have to do more than pack a bag and walk out. You have a greater sense of failure and a greater sense of lost. You have cared and loved ENOUGH to legally marry and bind. You may have created a life together (baby and A LIFE in general). I imagine it's not easy mentally, spiritually, or physically to leave a marriage.

    But God guides in all directions if we call on Him. Especially in a marriage. He may not always bring you together but once you're in that marriage, HE's in it too. Whether good or bad. He knows what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie,
    And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
    Crys

    Gal 6:9

    ReplyDelete

Comments