Search This Blog

February 04, 2009

Lisa Ray and her Mess Just to recap and bring us all to speed, this is Lisa Ray, actress, model, stripper (okay not a stripper, but she played that part). She's a beautiful girl, but I'm just not her #1 fan. There's no reason to bore anyone with any sordid details, but in a nutshell - I think she's greedy and mishandling her beauty and talent. My first time seeing her was Player's Club playing 'Diamond', a single mother struggling as a dancer to make it through college to become a journalist. I thought the best parts of the movie included Ronnie, Bernie Mac, Jamie Foxxx and Ezel. Lisa Raye, to me, lacked personality and believability in every acting role she received, I.e. All of Us. I was blown away when I heard she was marrying the Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands a few years ago, seemed all too Cinderella - not enough 'gold digger'. But I wasn't surprised to see her responding to her husbands rape accusations.So as it turns out he cheated on her numerous times, had 2 children with another woman (yes, during their marriage), and is currently standing trial with charges of Government Corruption. You can read all about it here. Antywayz, chick is a mess. I read somewhere that her father was pretty well-off and she grew up nicely, that she didn't have to shuck and scuffle and the strip for dance - definitely not ghetto. Year Right! I'm on neither side. Both are guilty of working the hustle to the very last drop. I'm ashamed for both of them, running around pretending all is good while real travesties are happening all around the world. They could have used that platform to say something positive, to do some real good to the world. If she ever gets another shot at making a lasting impression, I hope she will use it well and not come sliding down a pole, ride up in a phantom with a corrupt man. Lastly............

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, this was a good post. I did love LisaRaye BECAUSE of her hustle, but I don't really like the way she's handling all of this. I especially don't like the fact that she was like WHATEVER about all of his outside shenanigans. All she cared about was that dolla dolla bill and being the "First Lady". ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Comments