Search This Blog

January 21, 2009

The Inaugural Post Along with most I awoke inspired and ready for the proceedings to begin. There was some mild nervousness prior to him appearing from the White House steps, though with just one sight of him in that relaxed mode that only he can pull-off, all of my pangs were reassured. I knew the whole world was watching this, proud of a feat that means something more than race or politics. To me, it meant that the era of superficial grading (for inclusion or exclusion) based on heritage and wealth is becoming less important. I come from a religiously devout, but still mildly political family. A family where discussions range from everything football to the political scene on the local national and world levels. I remember how on one side of the room Nixon was being called a 'fascist', and in front the tv my uncles were screaming and the women were cheering. I'm not so sure of Obama's abilities beyond inspirational speeches and gently arguing his well thought opinion, but my hope is that Barrack keeps his wit, and uses his people well. He's got a great team, some not as good as others, but solid. He's got some tricky players in Clinton and Biden and Axlerod, so I hope he watches them closely, otherwise I thinks he's off to a great start. I send he and his beautiful wife, and their sweet girls my best wishes. -V

1 comment:

Comments