Search This Blog

February 05, 2009

Ain't fittin' to bust a grape! In Response to the circus concerning Etta James' rant about Beyonce singing "At Last" at the Presidential Inauguration Neighborhood Ball - I can't help but roll my eyes. After all the years that Etta has under her belt she needs to show more class, but I do remember an interview she had after viewing Beyonce portraying herself that Beyonce just didn't have the girth to play her. And I finally knew exactly what James meant when I saw Bey trying to cuss, lol! Hilarity Indeed! I liked the song, really I did, but at this point I really would like to see Beyonce sing it. Although James does have a point....She says that she first met Beyonce on the Red Carpet at the opening, not before. Which I found to be odd since most serious actors really try to get into character by researching their role. If Beyonce had met James, she would have realized she had to play a spitting cussing smack talking hole in the wall classless loudmouth and not the sexxy sauntering switching sex kitten she thought was Etta James. This whole situation has to do with pride. If she could have, Etta would have played herself at all age levels, wrote the movie, done the sex scenes, and directed it as well. We all know Beyonce didn't pull off the rip roaring cougar that is Etta James, so why publicize it? Why not be happy? Happy of the acclaim you once received, the popularity of your song, and that it is still relavant after all these years? Instead James continues to drag that ol' dead horse out and beat it some more. Po' horse. Etta we all respect you for your beautiful music, but Fall Back Honey 'fore Solange tears you a new hole. Oh, and were you upset that Obama chose 'Beyonce the Great' over you? Not belittling your status, but I'm sure there were more relavant performers above you on the list. Like ummh? Natalie Cole, Dionne Warwick, Mary Wilson, Etc.. I'd be glad if I could get just one comment on this blog, but if someone steals my words and gets credit.....THEY ARE MY WORDS! Who cares. But in the spirit of Fairness The Spin of the day will be:

2 comments:

  1. Hey... Etta said she was "just playing". Right. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, can you take off all that word verification ish so I don't have so much trouble commenting????

    ReplyDelete

Comments