Search This Blog

June 18, 2010

Lauryn Hill still got it...

Lauryn Hill performed at the Harmony Festival 2010 in Santa Rosa, California a few days ago. Wyclef said she needed some psychiatric help (click here for audio). He go goes on about leaving her heartbroken, blah blah blah....he's so full of himself, and his voice is the most irritating thing ever. ooops. oh well. Then, there's the most recent thing that came out about his organization 'Yele'. He was mishandling funds. He was sleeping with a personal assistant that turned out to be the vice president of Yele...something...but she was well paid for her...uhh..work...yeah, $108k. I just think wyclef is a sleaze and is very underhanded. He went years without speaking on his relationship with Lauryn, then to be sleeping with someone else under the table...sounds very likely he'd be stealing and tricking too. Slick don't slide forever....homeboy.
I know I'm re-telling an already stale story, but seeing this video here ignites in me something for her. She settled out of sight because fame wasn't for her, and I like that = humility. And I agree with her on God, peace, mercy, suffering, togetherness, equality, and voicing the struggle. What's most important to me about her is that she can relate like no other female MC. She responded to the paps that she may possibly be working on a new album....I just hope we're ready, cause ready or not .....you can't hide.

Why every Indian wanna be the chief?

Feed a man 'til he's full and he still want beef
Give me grief, try to tief off my piece
Why for you to increase, I must decrease?
If I treat you kindly does it mean that I'm weak?
You hear me speak and think I won't take it to the streets
I know enough cats that don't turn the other cheek
But I try to keep it civilized like Menelik
And other African czars observing stars with war scars

Get yours in this capitalistic system
So many caught or got bought you can't list them
How you gonna idolize the missing?
To survive is to stay alive in the face of opposition
Even when they comin' gunnin'
I stand position
L's known the mission since conception
Let's free the people from deception
If you looking for the answers
Then you gotta ask the questions
And when I let go, my voice echoes through the ghetto

2 comments:

  1. I have never liked Wyclef. I used to like Pras though. Lauryn rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Lauryn! I hope she comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments