Search This Blog

June 01, 2010

Marilyn Monhoe...


I wake up this morning to Marilyn monroe signing a seductive Happy Birthday wish to then president John F. Kennedy...which was horrible. Just diving right in....MArilyn was a straight hooker wasn't she? You know I was born in 79' so I don't know much about her, other than white people USED to act like she was the most beautiful thing. She's pretty but personality didn't count for much back then huh? Men liked the dumb blonde thing seriously huh?
I'm glad I was born when I was, becuase either women have come a long way, or the overall public opinion of women has changed.
50 years ago, good looks took you where you wanted to go, now it's a bit different, and most men and women have bent to reasoning. You don't have to agree but I think that slutty music and video ho's are farther from reality than Flava Flav's rap career in 2010.  I'd even go a step further to say that videos in the BET sense are irrelevant, 106 & Park is dead, and gold teeth and braids are out.
Yes, I still watch videos, but I'm getting tired of the recycled dancers, lyrics, and fashion. I want an audio visual feast...I'm current and I know what sounds and looks good. Is it too much to ask for great looking artists, good music, great fashion fused together is a fresh compelling way? sheesh!
Marilyn was a ho....no different than many others - sleazy without shame. She's famous yet still for admitting that her best friends are diamonds.
Women are have evolved, and not just recently. Women have been mis-portrayed in the media for a very long time and somehow I tied Marilyn Monhoe and current video ho's together because, well, I felt like it.
For no particular reason, no particular order here are some women portrayed as real women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments