Search This Blog

December 28, 2009

Failed bombing on Flight helps to implement naked X-Ray machines

On Christmas Day Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab boarded Delta Northwest plane 253 in Nigeria. The plane made a stop in Amsterdam to take on more passengers on it's way to Detroit. A young black man, 23 years old, had spent some time in Yemen protesting the war in Iraq and in some ways is linked to El Paso Fort Hood gunman Nidal Malik Hasan by way of Imam Anwar al-Awlaki, an American born cleric and radical.


So the trend it seems is that americans against the war in Iraq become trained to carry out bombings on in the US? So not just the world, but Americans too? We're all tired of this war. People everywhere recognize how wrong this war is and hate that Americans don't suffer becuase of it. We've lost servicemen, reporters, some machinery, money, but the people there suffer becuase if it.

I enjoy the circumspect view of situations. So while the there may be impressionable people there tired of the troops parading through the streets, the people here is the US know nothing about the orgin of this fight. Our Army waves a flag on the news, talks about insurgeants, radicals, suicide bombers, terrorists - but we're not at all sure why exactly. We do know one thing though - Oil.

It is all very hidden from us. Though in thought, I reasoned that I wouldn't strap a bomb to my abdomen and detonate it while on a plane or large crown unless I really wanted to bring some attention to a very unfair situation. We don't speak the same language, don't have access to forums in which to discuss, and scared to do so if we could. I would like to know though. I'm literally typing about something I just don't get.

Though in the case of Umar - this becomes so human. A young religeous black man changed by something he'd heard in Yemen or online that made him serious about killing.

They say that He may have been caught had he gone through the newest x-ray machine that basically strips you naked so that anything on your person can be identified. Objects on the inside of the body cannot be seen. This machine can see in detail your entire body, the contour, dimples, endowments or lack thereof, etc. I say no. I only want my husband getting that awsome sight, lol. the real problem is that the US is abusing someone somewhere. They are pissed and retaliating. Not my problem - it is the US's. I would like to hold a vote:
Who would like for the US to get their stuff together?
I would.



That is the promotional video for the machine, Did you see the old man not go through in the wheelchair? Did you see the man looking at everybody in another closed room? Did you see the little girl go through?

Hell no.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments