Search This Blog

January 13, 2009

HauteNtaughtVenus

Over a year ago, my husband Kevin told me to look up Hottentot Venus. Being built similarly, the story hurt deeply. So, now in 2009, when I began looking for a name for my blog, I didn’t want to choose just any ol’ thing like SupaDoopaTrunkRattla, or SecretlyCraving713. I’ve grown in recent years and I wanted a name for the ages! Something New! Different! Something to reflect me in this particular stage in my life. Now we have Saartjie, and then me, and the connection, physically, is undeniable. But what is wrong is wrong, and she was hustled. That – I won’t. So to describe me as both proud and intelligent, and to pay homage to sisters that knew no other way, HauteNtaughtVenus was born.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh yes, she was the woman who they paraded around like a circus act b/c of her big ole donka donk. Yeah, that was real wrong. Welcome to blogging! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments