Search This Blog

January 19, 2009

Dwayne Wade's divorce from his wife Siohvaughn took a public turn for the worse when she requested in court documents to receive a list of sexual partners during their marriage. She also says that he basically wasted tons of money, and abandoned her and her children. I feel for her deeply. He was dead wrong, and I am glad that he has been confronted. But to what degree will spouses go to embarrass one another in divorce proceedings. Maybe I'm too private, and maybe I conceal when I shouldn't, but I'm not laying all of my business out for onlookers entertainment. I'm not going that far. I'm not parading around bitter for my life's choices. I had an awful transition from high school to womanhood, and I wouldn't point one finger if anyone chose to leave me alone. Men like D Wade have half-naked scandalous money-hungry women just waiting for him to choose so they can have just a chance at smelling a million dollars. What an opponent! Doubt never entered my mind when I thought about this at length.....Cookie doesn't have HIV because she had to protect herself. I am sure she and magic are still intimate for that very reason. In the spirit of good health I wish for everyone to protect themselves. They say they love you, but telling the one you love that you were, not only unfaithful, but unprotected - is hard. A moment of silence for the sisters out there holding the home front down while their men are out there doing the deed unprotected. Something has got to give.

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame her for presenting the facts in her divorce papers. That these papers were made public isn't the issue. Mrs. Wade's not hitting up bloggers and the like with her story. She simply filed legal divorce papers.

    She went into a situation believing that her husband was monogamous, or at least that he would wear a rubbor with Gabrielle Union, etc. He didn't. She had kids for him, believing that her husband would not abandon his kids. He did.

    Sure, at some ponit she probably realized, "Oh this nigga is sleeping with other women." I'd bet that she didn't realize this until he was p---y deep in the NBA and by then it was TOO LATE to prevent an STD. Condom could have broke. Could have come off too. The bottom line is that her husband gave her a sexually transmitted disease. There is no need to cover this up. Why should SHE be ashamed for being a good wife?

    I don't think this rich woman will let bitterness run her life. lol But right now she's probably mad, and rightfully so. She's handling her business within the confides of the law.

    I wish women could break the old, counter-productive "hold your man down and keep your mouth shut" mentality. This is why abuse never ends and stupid women never win.

    If black women would hold men accountable for their actions we'd have a hell of a lot more good black men in circulation. Instead, the women who suffer in silence, remain "private", and stand behind no good men only encourage the b.s. behavior to continue. BOOOOOOOOOOO.

    ReplyDelete

Comments