Search This Blog

July 23, 2010

3 Ways

If you know me, then you know I'm down for reading anything and for the most part I can side with several different perspectives to the point of agreeance with any or none. Well, browsing this morning I saw this pic of Rihanna, Matt Kemp and Melissa, and it struck a chord in me...what if this was an ongoing three-way relationship?

I've seen two functional 3-ways in my life, and I can't say for sure, but I think they looked very happy. There are, I'm sure, another set of arguments, another toothbrush, an extra dresser drawer, more clothes to wash, but besides that what might be the pro's and con's of a polyamorous lifestyle?

Maybe an extra female could stay at home and take care of the kids during the day, an extra male could be an at home handyman, everyone could work and rake in the money, bedroom time could possibly be as mundane as 2ways (I'm sure, the wild stuff only lasts until u get used 2 it), bathroom time could get a little congested, another pallet to please when cooking, another set of in-laws, yet another set of dreams to support. Sounds to me like it could work, but with all the extra effort that it takes to incorporate more than one person, I'm sure someone is neglected somehow, and that, I'm sure, is an ordeal to get over. I need the attention all on me, and all that kissing is probably simple facade, I can't imagine every member having a deep connection. Jealousy is probably as front stage as the attraction, because the connection couldn't be as strong since you're sharing yourself right?

Don't think that I've been recruited, if anything I'm more interested to observe any relationship in terms of how whomever relates to each other. I'm eager to learn or at least consider different ways to enjoy or please someone, ya know like learn a new move or way to resolve some conflict. At 30, I think I'm at the cusp of graduation into a truly adult lifestyle, and if not by now then soon, I should be practicing whatever Imma do, ya know? Not just in terms of professional title, but who I am as a woman and child, as a mother, friend, companion, relative, co-worker, consumer, etc. I think it's important to address every fear and barrier head-on rather than ignore and allow uncertainties to rot and multiply to the point where it's uncontrollable. Someone asked me what my biggest fear was and my honest answer was 'ignorance'. I've wanted to be smart my whole life, and while I'm a little smart, truthfully I'm also very dumb...dumb about how to interact or respond sometimes, how to begin something from raw form and how to follow through, sometimes the correct thing comes right out, other times I struggle. I think it's all in living and learning, but all this is a journey to discovering who I am and what is most important to me.

Back to the freaks....well, I can't say for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that all that free love and uncommittedness won't last...and that's what I want. I wanna stand before my grandkids and tell them about when I and whoever met, tell them how we came over, how we used to love on each other, how we used to fight, how we would agree and back each other. That's what I'm looking forward to, and you can't do that with 4 people in the bed.

Comment anonymously and speak on whether u'd consider a relationship consisting of more than 2.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. Hmmm would I do this? If there were no rules (moral code, bible, all that) of course!! I'd like to have a few men and a few women, perhaps a relationship with 2 men and 3 women (self included). The men wouldn't interchange but the women would be free to be with everybody in the 5 person relationship. Way fun!

    Ultimately though, I'm a jealous person and at some point I'd have to have a one on one relationship - maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^^wow Smoke...I didnt go to the bible, but it says that a man leaves his mother and father and becomes one flesh with his wife...my souls likes this the most, but it's nice to evaluate every option.

    ReplyDelete

Comments