Search This Blog

July 23, 2009

What I'm Listening to....................

I'm no DJ but I have an ear and my ears love the newly updated 'What I'm Listening to...' section to the right of this blog. To just comment on a few, and most are discussion worthy, Missy's demo track is hot. You won't be hearing any of this on an album of hers, but it portrays accurately her true talent and impression on Tweet. Missy has the vision and Tweet, I guess, has the voice. Ced B's U Played Me is on permanent repeat, and isn't coming off any time soon. I love chopped and screwed music, F Action especially, this track for sure. Chris Brown's Not My Fault is hot like fire, I don't think this speaks to any of the Rhianna mess, but dang if he's not right on point (with his childish tail). K. Sparks' Abstract Jazz is an older track I've had, but had to share. Instrumentals are so sick that it's really hard to listen to absorb the verses, but once you do the lyrics don't match. Tamyra Gray is back and coming hard with it, I guess didn't see this one coming. Girl has more soul, and more X-factor, but I'm sure her eyes haven't gotten any closer. I can't comment on The Roots' How I got over, this type of music speaks to your soul. feeling any of these? No? shoot me some back and feel free to Comment.

3 comments:

  1. I listened to Tamyra Gray's song and I actually like it. Sounds like a slightly more soulful Kelly Rowland song. I've got to come back and listen to them all. Which ones are more soulful, you know, that deep Mary J Blige, Tyrese, soulful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah-- i'm feeling them. they got me through under the dryer last night at the hair salon. i put trey songz - your side of the bed on repeat a few times.
    and from before...them ummmmm - who is it again....oh yeah, graph nobel - JAMMING.

    now if you could throw a little old school in the mix, you know..maze, al green, natalie cole....MAN -

    how do you feel about the old school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow...........I don't.

    Sorry.

    I like right now. not this month in particular, but whatever day in time we're in. With so many songs coming out, it's hard to dig backwards and re-jam something. repeat is the best that I can do. make sense? probably not.

    ReplyDelete

Comments