Search This Blog

March 30, 2010

Overcoming Fear.........

I'm not a particularly timid person. I do fear loss, and confrontation, lonliness...even rejection. I have come to accept my fears like an unsightly mar on the perfection that is me, lol. no really. not really. I carry a heavy load of faults......all destined to shed.... so that one day I can stand fully faultless as a woman. I do know however that old faults are replaced with new ones, and if not a fault then a distraction (whatever you wanna call it). I don't live for the day they're all gone, just the day that experience, wisdom, and good advice helps to fix things before thay snowball into insecurities, ended relationships, jail sentences, unwanted children........


My Soul Sistah - the gifted Queen Erykah Badu debuted a great video bringing to light some serious issues of,  as I interpret, the work life balance. The video was a different concept completley. I get the symbolism of stripping nude in front of people, but what I am struggling with is that she fell, she fell where JFK was shot.....uhhh, uncomfortable. Trust, I'm doing this exact thing before I die. I can't wait. My only fear is that I could go to jail (that place is for the insane, and those that cannot afford freedom).

I just want to connect to my girl Erykah, let her know she is touching me, changing me somehow. props.

An excerpt of 'Window Seat'
but i need u to want me

need you to miss me
i need your attention
i need you next me
i need someone to clap for me
i need your direction
somebody say come back
come back baby come back
i want u to need me
come back come back baby come back
come back come back baby come back
come back come back baby come back
so, in my mind i’m tusslin’
back and forth ‘tween here and hustlin’
i don’t wanna time travel no mo
i wanna be here
cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments