Search This Blog

May 20, 2009

Arrest Ordered For Colleen Hauser, Mom Of Boy Resisting Chemo

Authorities sought to arrest the mother of a 13-year-old boy with cancer who refuses chemotherapy after she fled with her son and missed a court hearing Tuesday on his welfare. A judge issued an arrest warrant and ordered that Daniel Hauser be placed in a foster home and be sent for an immediate examination by a pediatric oncologist so he can get treated for Hodgkins lymphoma. "The court's priority at this point is to try to get Daniel Hauser and get him the care he needs," Brown County District Judge John Rodenberg said. The cancer is considered highly curable with chemotherapy and radiation, but Daniel quit chemo after a single treatment. With his parents, he opted instead for "alternative medicines," citing religious beliefs. That led authorities to seek custody. Rodenberg last week ruled that Daniel's parents, Colleen and Anthony Hauser, were medically neglecting their son. continue Leslie's Take: While I support natural remedies, technology has come a long way and has proven itself over time. If it were my child, I would seek several educated opinions and pray grace and guidance. I can't imagine her trying to kill her son, but I knew a woman when I was younger, a Jehovah’s Witness, that refused a transfusion and passed on. Somehow I believe that God blesses this world with the capabilities and we should use them. I could almost go as far to say to refuse them is blasphemy.

1 comment:

  1. Good take. I totally agree.

    The fact that a 13 year old boy can't READ speaks volumes about his parent(s).

    ReplyDelete

Comments