Search This Blog

January 08, 2010

Mariah versus Beyonce


You know Mariah Carey never crosses my mind - ever - yes, just that insignificant. In honesty, she had some hot singles, but her music is really so bubble gum sugary pop rock imatureness at it's most average. Alongside the fact that I grade musical artists on the reality and depth of their lyrics and emotion. Well, Mariah - a 40 plus year old cougar - who wants to only be remembered as 30, made the news today. She accepted an award for her role in Precious drunk- which I must reveal was not that good now that I have seen it a few times, and read the book. The story was painted wonderfully in the book but the director chose to make a bigger emphasis on the mother and the teacher of Precious' school rather than drive deeper within the thoughts and narration that precious could have offered similar to the book.


My husband cares for dialogue, loves it really - he likes movies like Inglourious Bastards, She's gotta have it, Pulp Fiction. Dialogue is important - but for me I prefer extreme intensity by way of emotion, visual strength, and realism. Example - What dreams May Come.

I typed all that so you might understand what I look for in movies - why I might say that Precious wasn't all that, and Mariah Carey, to me, didn't add any value to the movie.


At the house my husband, Iand some friends got into a Mariah vs Beyonce debate over who was the better artist. The ladies defending Bey, and the Men defending Mariah. The men hooped and hollered Mariah is so fine and classy, that Beyonce was too freaky and nasty - that she couldn't sing, couldn't act. The ladies responded with Bey is so fine, she can dance, she can too act, AND she's in her prime. The men won anyway becuase they would prefer Mariah in bed somehow (probably because she's mixed). We did agree on one thing though; where one doesn't have a personality, the other is ditsy spacy, and lost in fantasy land. I'm sure you can figure out who's who.

Walking away feeling the sting of defeat - I decided to prove my point here.

As I see it:
Beyonce can sing, Mariah can sing.
Beyonce looks better than Mariah now, and will look better than Mariah when she reaches 40.
Beyonce is young and married to Jay-Z, Mariah doesn't want to grow old (40 on March 27th) and married to Nick Cannon, in his twenties.
Beyonce consistently pushes out mind blowing dance hits, Mariah not really as intense and serious and Bey.

Beyonce can really dance, really. Did you know Mariah couldn't dance? Mmph! click.
Beyonce's face beats out Mariah's.
Beyonce has made one smart descision after another since, well forever. Mariah had a mental breakdown and, to me, has never grown into a woman - like a teenager.
Beyonce's perfume 'Heat' will be on my neck. You can get a full bottle of Mariah's M on ebay for around $14.
Bey has the House of Dereon clothing line, Mimi has her butterflies and baseball caps.
Beyonce is a fashionista, from the handbags to the red carpet, while Mimi wears her clear hooker heels with the one-shoudered black dress everywhere including bed.
Beyonce has never been photo'd in the nude. Mariah posed for Playboy.
No one has ever called out Bey as a hoe, Mariah has.


I'm not tripping, really I'm not. I just wanted to put em up against each other because Beyonce is murdering lames like Mariah. A good voice and willingness to get naked is not all that is required of stars nowadays. You must amass talent, drive, fashion, business sense, physical ability, and passion to get near the top. Beyonce will remain on her throne until and after Mariah is retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments