Search This Blog

August 30, 2010

Why can't we have a Mecca?

Two days of the week I'm off work, and I use these two days to get myself together, meditate, read, hand out with the kiddies, get them ready for the upcoming week, worship, and just pay attention to myself, and pay attention to my family and friends.
I had so many things that I wanted to blog about, but didn't have the time to do so this weekend.
One thing, I think that African descendants of North and South America should have a coming together every year similar to Mecca. A gathering that should focus on family unity, worship, commonality, and diversity.

I doubt that most African Amercans would be inclined to attend, not seeing the validity, nervous to be in any space with a huge amount of their own people, which is also valid reason to gather.
I believe in one God, the Father. Jesus, Son and through which I pray. Holy Spirit, which intervenes for me in certain instances, and carries out God's special wishes and protects His children.
I have gone through a journey in my life and have continually changed my religious practices to temporarily exclude pork, to meditate, catch the Holy Ghost (don't do that anymore), to fast, to pray continually, to study with some regularity...things like that and  not all at the same time. It's safe to say I'd like to go to Heaven, lol.
I have slacked up in my worship, because i don't want to be the type to worship using any deities, or special practices in worship. I don't want to be a part of anything that appears as a cult. So I'm not separating myself from sinners, shaking profusely because i'm being overtaken by something other than God, not reading from a book over interpreted or some new version. I steer away from and don't get caught in these types of things.
What I focus on are the words that Jesus spoke mostly, because He said His words are His Fathers and I feel the most connected to His words which were focused on sacrifice, humility, charity, honesty, forgiveness.
My girlfriend invited me to a Sankofa that drove to Galveston, a port where many slaves were brought to America, they . And this notion sat patiently waiting as I talked about Mecca and a black gathering...blah blah blah, I'mma go next time, I think it'll be a great substitute, but idealistically I wish for the development of a largely revered gathering...something similar to the Million Man March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments