Search This Blog

April 29, 2009

Swine Flu - Be Informed no pork for me.
HOUSTON – A 23-month-old toddler in Texas became the first confirmed swine flu death outside of Mexico as authorities around the world struggled to contain a growing global health menace that has also swept Germany onto the roster of afflicted nations. Officials say the death was in Houston.
I work in a hospital that is buzzing about this 'Swine Flu'. Yesterday, there were signs going up about ,a different strain of Flu Warning', and people were wearing masks all over the hospital. I wasn't really worried at first, but since they said a baby passed not only in Texas, but Houston of all places I'm joining ranks with those engrossed in this hysteria. No mask, but I am not talking to anyone other than by phone, I am not going to chit chat with the nurse's and staff on my floors, and definitely not going to the cafeteria. I wished that I had parked at the hospital, but now I have to take a train/trolley ride with God-only-knows-who at the end of the day. I just got over being sick, urgh! I read the CDC Swine Flu page and was mortified that I could catch a flu that came from a nasty pig. I understand that the handlers can catch it, but the fact that their sickness be passed from person-to-person is all the validation I need to not eat pork anymore. I have been teetering back and forth with this notion for several years now, even giving up pork for roughly 2 years across 04-05. I'm not even going to miss the ribs, sausage and bacon. But of all that I won't miss, I am surely giving up relationships with - what I would consider - swine. It makes me think of Mark 5 when Jesus meets the man named Legion on the shore and cast his demons into pigs and then drowned them in the sea. I'm not on any Muslim tip, just putting out there that there is a call to answer, and I feel humbled that I can even hear the call. Thank you Lord. CDC Swine Flu Facts: Philip Defranco on Swine Flu:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments